Friday, December 19, 2008

Recession, Recession

Recession, Recession
by Stephanie Moreland
(adapted from "Homework! oh Homework!" by Jack Prelutsky)

Recession, Recession, I hate you, you stink.
I want to flush you away down the sink.


You're tiring, you're boring,
Wish the markets were soaring.


But Recession, you've done nothing but cause us much strain.
I think someone should drag you out in the rain...

On my door Mr Bills keeps on knocking
And my checkbook is shocking...


Now part-time and full-time are the jobs I must take
To pay my bills on time so they won't be late.

Now my clients are dropping
And there's no money for shopping...

Oh, Recession just please pack your things and go
I just want to live in peace with my dough!

Recession, I'm giving your pink slip today
Three cheers, Recession's leaving, so hip, hip, hooray!

Now don't say you're sorry,
We don't want to hear your sob story.

Just hit the road, Jack, and don't you come back here no more.
If you ever come back here, we'll just have to settle the score.

Next time it won't be that pretty,
And I won't be this witty....

Now don't let the door hit you,
Where the good Lord split you...

Good-bye Recession, we hope that we see you no more!

No comments:

Post a Comment